Customed Orders

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Washi Tags Mini Tutorial of sorts...

What a week it has been!  Very hectic and most of my afternoons were burnt due to meetings and courses.  Sorry for the silence.  April has never been a good month in my work calender and is infamously known to be one of the hell months.  July is the next one.

Managed to create some washi tags this weekend and was very happy with the end result.  Washi is my lastest craze and addiction, no thanks to SBM and the many companies producing washi tape with the lastest CHA collection.


Let me explain how I did these:




First, I got hold of some manila tags and inked them with Versamark.  I tried to stamp on the tags and realised that it turned out very light.  I added some Versafine Sepia onto the stamp pad and using my pinky finger, rubbed it all around to distribute the color.  Thereafter, more Versamark and you're ready to stamp!

Here's how it'll look like after u stamp on the tags:

Photo on the left shows the lightest Versamark without any ink and the next two show varying degrees on how dark the background image can be.  I like the middle one the best as it creates a very soft background and perfect for decorating.


Thereafter, PILE ON YOUR WASHI!!  I added an Ali Edwards Technique Tuesday stamp 'The absolut blessing of Today' to complement the washi.

Tag No 1: A Thank You tag...


Tag No 2: 'For you'...


Tag No 3:  Happy Birthday...

Tag No 4: Another Happy birthday....

Don't you love playing with Washi?  I'm having so much fun.  For these tags, I used about 4 different washi designs and 3 from the Colet collection which has the words 'Happy Birthday', etc.  They're really very fun and easy to use.

Some simple guidelines if you like to create something similar:
1. Plan in advance which tapes you have will 'match' in colour and use them generously.  Washi really does not cost that much and it'll take you very long to use up one roll so just bring it on!

2.  I started out by creating one tag first, as I always do when I'm creating multiples of anything.  Once you are happy with it, you can 'copy' your design to the other tags. Line them all up in a row and you're good to go!

3.  Have heaps of fun!  Washi is meant to bring you joy! :)

Have a great week and thanks for dropping by!
Jo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! It justifies the 30 rolls you have! HAHAHHA! This is what you are good at, something i can never do with washi. :D