Customed Orders

Monday, December 27, 2010

Hey scrappers!

Thanks for dropping by...I know how it's like when we do that disappearing game and your readers are like wondering where in the world you are!

I envy scrapper mums like Stephanie Howell have 4 kids and still blog more regularly than me! I need to repent!
She's wonderwoman..
I'm just a silly scrapper who dreams of being jobless and scrap all day long!

I'm sorry I've not done very much scrapping this holidays..I'm guilty for hoarding so much stuff and not using them and what makes it worse is that H doesn't or never ever scolds or chide me! He just lets me pile my things up, occupy 3 cupboards and stays silent each time I come home with a PM or MWL paper bag. Argh..Now I feel doubly guilty!

Time to stop!!

hahhaa..If you know me well, I will resolve to stop buying, as I did 3 months back. Restrain. Restrain. Then in 2 weeks, I go back on my word. hahahahaa :) *stop laughing Huayi!!*..... :)

Well, yesterday I met up with Beeks and I told her of my grand plan to save more money in 2011 and see how simply I can live. We talked about those days of how we just started working and were still very frugal with our spending.

We frequented This Fashion (yes, go ahead and laugh!!)
Ate cheapo fried Mars Bars at Far East with $3 fried chicken chop from Shi Lin Snacks.
Envied those who could spend $8.90 Waffles at Gelare while we sat at Far East eating our food.
And those who could part with $5 for a starbucks drink while that same $5 could buy us Hor Fun at Sakura to fill our tummies more.

We weren't poor. We had few bills to pay. But we did watch how we spent our money.

We have come a long way today, 7 years from graduating from NUS.

These days, $15 meals are common, sometimes $20 or up to $30 for one meal.
And the next meal could be that same amount.
And yet, we won't be counting our pennies. Money goes out easily from our wallets without much guilt or need to restrain.

How far we have come.

So, in 2011, it's back to the basics of living. And living simply.
$3 meals will make a come back.
But allow me my bubble tea indulgence.
Just this one vice. :)

4 comments:

Mum in the Making said...

Its the same for us! Simple... and less spending. More scrapping, and less scrap-shopping... (Please don't tempt me with Joann deal... please please... but tell me if you see Big shot offers hahahaha). Here's to 2011, and hopefully when my dissertation is done I can contribute more to our little store!

purinne said...

i so agree with wat u said ... cept that im always goin into "super discreet" mode whenever i made purchases ... my DH hasn't been too happy with mi spendings ever since i picked up scrapbookin ...

shall work on cutting down next yr ... and use mi supplies instead of hoarding them :) .... but then again ... new year resolutions are meant to be broken :) ... *grin*

Joanna said...

Purinne,
thanks for comforting me that I'm not alone in this whole 'hoarding more than scrapping' thing! It's terrible how I've reached this stage.
In 2011, let's strive together! and see how long we last till we go back on our words hahaha :)

purinne said...

yeah~ and im sure i'll fall bac to the dark hole of buying and hoarding sb stuffies very soon hehehe :) ... but shall try as hard as i can to resist the dark side hehee :) ...