Customed Orders

Saturday, December 22, 2007

My first inaugural post!

I'm finally on the blogging scene! For years I have resisted the idea of blogging for fears that the organisation I work for will someday find use of my blog entries against me if the need arose but I am finally here today. The idea of starting to blog came to mind yesterday as I boarded the south bound train after a good hearty chat with D, a friend I've lost touch with for 9 years but was happy to finally see again. I wanted to find an avenue to pen down my thoughts about our conversation which centred around her current secret life- one that is contraversial, shady and in short, an entrapment. I found myself being drawn into her present situation and at the same time sharing her pain, regrets and helplessness.

As we parted ways, D reminded me that I should never do anything that I would live to regret because there are not many instances when we get a second chance as opportunities seldom knock twice at our doors. Obviously such things are cliche but I think it was a very very timely reminder to me that I need to make wise decisions in my life as I need to live with the choices I make.

On a lighter note, I had dinner with my ex bartley friends who have been my rock and anchors through many difficult moments of my life. We're not the closest of friends now but we've seen each other grow up and I know that they will always be there for me. It's always nice seeing them again because our conversations are always full of banter and jokes such that there is seldom a dull moment. Tiff did a very good job with the food and I must say, she's a very creative cook and conjoured up interesting dishes that I've never tasted before. A pity I don't have a camera to take photos of all the good food (and good people!) but I really looking at getting one next year with the LDS scheme. We're going to meet again on the 31st at the shang, courtesy of EJ who always gets a hotel room every year- and never fails to invite us to mess up the room with him. What would we be doing on new year's eve every year if not for him? Thanks EJ, you're a pal.

And before I forget, happy birthday, Jon! Thanks for eating the bacon off my prawns yesterday too. Saved me from running 1 extra km today :)

No comments: