Customed Orders

Sunday, June 19, 2011

I have to stop..

apologising each time  I neglect this little blog of mine!

Some days I'm on a roll but on other days, I decide I have other things to do besides blogging!  Well, I realised that my lack of posts is usually cos I don't have photos to show and that's cos I am really bad at photography and I feel bad making H take photos for me especially since he's so busy!

After I got back from the fabulous land of Hong Kong, I had a slight meltdown of the clutter and mess in my house. I'm not a neat freak by nature, I do have a high tolerance for mess but seeing the colossal amount of clothes, shoes and bags I have, in addition to 2 suitcases of new stuff I bought from HK, I lost it. Really did.  Took out a trash bag and started ruthlessly throwing clothes into the bag. Esp stuff I hardly wore even though they have been there for ages. I tell myself that day will never come where I would want to wear these items again. If I've not worn them for the past 2 years, I am deluding myself by thinking I'll wear them in the next 2 years. So, off they went into the bag.  And I offered them to my part time helper on Saturday who took most of them for her cousin.  I feel so much happier.

And then I went to my scrap space. GOOD GOSH. That in itself spells another place of trouble and big time meltdown.  I got to throwing paper scraps after paper bits into the bin.  I can't believe I still have scraps from 2 years ago. Ridiculous me.  I won't say I did a lot of destashing but I finally used up my precious October Afternoon stash I've been hoarding since last year to make an album. And honestly, the feeling of using up your stash is way better than buying stuff. It's like you've accomplished much more.  I also did think of giving away stuff but was not sure if anyone would like half  or 3/4 used stuff like Thickers and stickers and glitter. So I'm not sure what to do.  Was pondering if I should be like Piradee and give away grab bags and just make sure people know these stuff are not completely new but would be happy to have them nonetheless.

So yeah, if you think I should put together some grab bags or if you'll be interested in having one, please leave me a comment. If there are enough takers, I'll get down to it.  And throw in some totally new stuff along the way, of course.

Have a good week. I hope to be be back soon with the lastest album I did for my Hong Kong trip!

Joanna

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Hihi,

It's an excellent idea and very generous of you to offer grab bags!

Thanks.

Cheers,
Joyce

lynklee said...

I don't mind being karang guni to any of your scraps... i think my current ambition is really to scrapbook, i.e. no need to buy just scrap with what i have and what ppl don't want. :)