Customed Orders

Sunday, September 26, 2010

We are One!!

Awesome start to the countdown of our 1st year together with this Lana Cake. It's still about the only Chocolate cake I eat today. All others pale in comparison:

 Lunch at a humble French Rest at Serene Centre..it's one of our all time favourite places for dining.  And I always always eat this Duck Confit when I go there. H thinks I'm boring..but oh well......


Today:
Fantastic Lunch today at Dozo, planned by H to celebrate the ocassion...This cake was on the house when they found out it was our anniversary.  The food there was awesome too!!

I'll let the pictures do the talking:
 


As I look back on this year, I'm thankful that we've spent 365 days living together and putting up with each other's nonsense.
I've endured every weekend of having an alarm that rings incessantly every 10 mins while I'm trying to sleep and get jolted each time it buzzes but the sloth next to me can sleep through it.  On my precious Sat and Sun. This is a crime! Recently, after I issued an ultimatium, he now jumps up each time to turn it off before I unleash my wrath on him. 

*Mission accomplished*

And having to switch off every single applicance in the house before we leave to go out.  Yes, there will be a short curcuit if we leave it on. That's what I'm made to believe (but I'm still not buying it!!)

And when someone comes home, he turns on all the lights, walks off and leaves the lights on. ALL THE TIME. The room light is on and so is the water heater and toilet light but our friend is in the living room.  Guess who has to go turn them off???

And then there were instances where we had cockroaches and lizards that found their way into our humble abode.  They should have known better before they decided to make our house their dwelling place.  H will scream, I come running with my arsenal of insceticide and slipper and send it to meet its maker.  Yes, in this house, I kill the insects.  Heeee.....

But..but ....but..
In this year,

I've had someone who willingly does the dishes after I cook and boy, that guy sure can wash dishes. He scrubs, he cleans every stain and grime on the pots and pans.  I'm happy letting him do it.  And did I mention that he cleans the floor too??

And then on Thurs, which is our 'hand wash clothes' day, sometimes I get home late and VIOLA!  It's all done and left to drip dry in the shower before we hang it out.  It is an awesome feeling to come home and not have to do laundry.  He's more meticulous than me too..taking each piece and scrubbing it clean. Kudos to my mum in law for passing on her merticulous genes to him!


Happy 1st Anniversary, H...and let's have many many more years together!

P.S: I have to mention that despite our differences, this whole year, we've not quarrelled at all..WOO...no fights..some unhappiness but it always gets resolved when one of us gives in. Now, that's marriage for you.

3 comments:

Mum in the Making said...

Happy anniversary! Wow, no fights! ;) Haha hubby's sorta like H, fans and lights switched on everywhere! So sweet, he does the washing of clothes, awww!

Dana said...

Way to go! Kudos to the past yr and many more great years to come!

Lynn said...

Wow!!
I love your anniversary dedication to your hubby!
Just warms my heart so much on cold nights like this! :)
I went to Dozo for my boyfriend's birthday too.
I must say they have really excellent service! :)