Customed Orders

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Preparing for 2012

Received 2 sets of depressing news one after another and got really very upset today.  I think it's a character flaw that I need to work on, esp when I am thrown setbacks at work.  Somehow, nothing else seems to get to me except my crap job.  But come to think of it, it's just work.  And to get upset over work seems to be worthless and much less unnecessary.

I've just decided on a few things that I want to achieve in 2012:

1.  Spend less money on unnecessary stuff.  I think at times I over indulge myself with too much expensive food and one purchase too many.  One more shoe, one more bag, one more top.. The list goes on.  I dont' really buy expensive stuff a lot but I do buy a lot of stuff.  So when u add it all up, the amount of money that leaves my wallet is quite substantial.  I just promised myself that I will relinquish my beloved bubble tea and limit myself to to one cup per week and slowly to axe it out from my life.  $3.50 per cup snowballs to quite a bit when u consider that I am averaging 3-4 cups per week.  I also promise myself to do less shopping - be it online or at the brick and mortar store.  I really have too many clothes.  Say 3 new pieces a month? That should suffice for now.

2.  Exercise at least once a week.  I will start with slow jogs and brisk walking around the neighbourhood.  Time to get that body back in shape.

3.  Eat better - cut those carbs and fats. More grains and wheat and fibre.  The usual grind.

4.  Spend more time with God each day.  I am usually good with my bible reading and prayer but always always slip after a while.  Let's hope with God's grace I can sustain this in 2012..

5.  Be less stress, esp by work.  Take thing easy and not let it get to be so easily.

You may be wondering why I'm suddenly so into this whole 'living my life well' thing.  Main reason is I want to save money and be in good health for 2012 and beyond.  Let 2012 be a year where I can see how little I can live on without feeling miserable.  And if it works out, I can really quit my job.  Enough of getting bullied and pushed around!

May 2012 be a good year for you too!









No comments: