Customed Orders

Monday, December 19, 2011

Top 10 best scrapbooking purchases!

I guess it's only fair that I do a post on my best purchases after my previous post.  Somehow it was harder wrecking my brains for this post than the previous ones but I'm happy with my top 10 list!


1. Beacon's Craft Glue - This is pure magic in a bottle.  It glues everything from fabric to paper and metal.  I'm so in love with it and have 2 bottles sitting on my table.  Before I discovered this, I used a Helmar's one but this just beats all other glues hands down! Real winner and must have for any scrapper!


2.  Brown twine.  If you've not discovered the goodness of twine, you're really missing out on something.  It adds subtle touches for any project and the neutral colour means you can use it for any project - regardless of what style you're going for.  I love it most for the fact that I can use it for both girly and boyish projects. And if you're wondering - Yes. I do have a 600 yard spool of thin twine (at just the right thickness) at home. :) 

3.  I finally knew what the fuss about this product was when I got my hands on them.  It works so well when you put a BIG GLOB on the spot you want and wait like 5 hours for it to dry. And then you will realise why it's named rock candy.  When it dries - it really looks like hardened sugar.  Totally awesome.  I usually use them for snow houses or anything to do with Christmas or winter. 
 Since we're on the topic of stickles, I thought I'll share 2 more stickles I love.  Star Dust is more silvery while Diamond is more 'gold'.  I bought both for the diff effect. Love them!




4.  I think the scrapping world when totally berserk when Martha Stewart released her first ever punches after tying up with EK Success.  I was one of those wonky ones who would stalk the LSS' blog each week, hoping they'll bring in more of these punches as they get snapped up so quickly!  Among my favourite is:






5.  These came out rather late but when I first saw them, I was blown away.  Maybe cos I'm a tag girl but since I don't own a big shot, there are very few other ways to get my hands on pre cut tags.  I bought 3 packs of these and one go and use them very sparingly!




6. I think HY will agree with me that the is the single one brand we hate to love cos they're always so pretty but I count this line as as the best of the October Afternoon series.  Love it to death!  I still have some of the gingerbread man left in my stash!


 7.  Jennifer McGuire introduced this scissors on her blog and I took the plunge to buy it online.  Not everything she introduces work for me but this one, it's totally fabulous.  It's really everything you want in a scissors.  Only bad thing is it's not that good for cutting small stuff so you'll still need a precision scissors at hand.

8. I took the plunge to buy the crop a dile in 2009 at a National Day sale for this small LSS at International Plaza.  I was deliberating whether I should buy it cos I didn't know if I'd actually need it that frequently (after all, if you are ingenious, you can use a paper piercer or a hole puncher?) but since it was 40% off $59, I went for it.  Initially I thought I'll regret it - as I usually do when I buy on impulse but it turned out to be one of my best buys ever.  It's a little wonky now..the spring's a little stiff but it has been well used.

9.  This is another great trimmer you need to get your hands on.  The cutterpede sucks and this one works so well for me.  It's not possible to cut a crooked line with this trimmer (unless your eyes are screwed).  Only down side is the blades blunt easily.  But they're released a new set of titanium blades which are supposed to last longer. I'll tell u about them when I purchase them after I use up my replacement blades.

10.  A must buy for all scrappers.  This is the classic doily lace punch which I fought tooth and nail to get my hands on when it first came out.  I don't have it anymore with me cos it has been loaned out too many times and got really blunt so I trashed it.  But I think it led a good life while it was still with me.


Thanks for reading so far and have a good week ahead!

2 comments:

jimbacall said...

With the amplification of fabrics there was about a cantankerous bazaar abnormality that occured as well, which broadcast this aggregation out of the scrapbooking bazaar and into the cardboard crafting market.

scrapbook supplies

Juanna Hope Sia said...

where did you buy that huge spool of twine? (: