Customed Orders

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Fear, Faith and Foundation

Last Sunday Rev Steven spoke on the passage in Luke where Peter attempts to walk on water and used the 3Fs above to describe how God sometimes builds us up through very difficult moments because he wants us to get to a place where we can trust him completely for our lives. I really liked his sermon because he reminded me of what I've always known in my head-but found it very hard to apply in my life.

I mean, this Christian path I've chosen many years ago has not been an easy journey and I still struggle at many atimes to even try to understand the greatness of God and His plans for my life. Sometimes I feel that God has been too silent in my life and how I long for Him to say a word to me or just be ever so real in my life. But something inside keeps telling me that this faith that I have is REAL and I know that God does exist and has a wonderful plan for my life-even tough I can't see it now. Hanging in there has not been easy for the past few years but I always remember Doc John telling me that the secret to a successful Christian life is to keep hanging in there, no matter what happens.

Lord Jesus, I pray that you will always give me strength and encouragement to keep persevering in my journey with you, even through very difficult moments when I am tempted to throw in the towel, for I know that you can do immeasurably more than I can ever ask or imagine. I also ask you to cover me with your mighty hand for I know it's the safest place I can ever be in. And please help me make Jerimiah 29:13 my daily mantra......

No comments: