Customed Orders

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Weekend is here!

I almost forgot I had a blog this week as work has been piling up and while I labour tirelessly to clear outstanding work, blogging is really not on my list of priorities. I'm glad I survived another week since Jan the 2nd and I just need to hang on for 2 more weeks till Chinese New Year .

On a happier note, on friday I had lunch at Toa Payoh Lor 4. We kind of have this thing for the food centre there, even though it's quite old and the variety of food is limited. The dessert stall owner knows us pretty well and can even remember the stuff we usually order. Thereafter, I decided to go to Far East, and kept deliberating if I should (re)cutting my hair as I thought the first one wasn't that great and did not turn out entirely the way I wanted it to. After alighting from Orchard MRT, I headed to Far East and wondered around, still pondering if I should do a second cut. Then I decided to just go for it and I must say, I'm pretty happy with the results. Rachel really did a good job..and I think I'm going to make Far East my next permenant place for cutting my hair. The salons there are really quite good and I think they really know what they're doing (I borrow this line from H-the the expert in hair styles). Met V and Ed for dinner at Great World that night, we went to Bangkok Jam which served quite nice Thai food, not forgetting that Ed had 50% off the ala carte menu-guess that made the dinner even sweeter and better :)

Went to Chinatown yesterday with the intention of walking around before heading to Spizza @ club street for dinner. Didn't know that it was the light up ceremony for CNY and it was rather crowded and packed with people. Thank God we were not really affected or inconvenienced by the crowds. Also explored some shops at Ann Siang Hill which I've heard so much of but never really been to check them out. Was quite interesting to go into small shops and see the intricate and exotic things that they have on display while half the time I'm secretly wondering how the shops actually survive in such a quite area that does not seem to attract many customers.

After dinner, we headed for Marina South to the roof top garden at the pier. The scenery there is fantastic and almost breathtaking, complete with benches and a grasspatch on the rooftop for star gazing (i think so!). there's even a mini cafe where u can order drinks and thanks to the cafe, we had soft music playing in the background that completed the whole experience. We agreed to go back again with our full gear some time soon, lie down on the grass to soak in the moonlight and admire the beauty of the skyline at night. We talked for quite a bit, shared about our lives, our half baked plans for the future, our current work life and past relationships. It's always nice to have a friend u can say everything to and feel comfortable even in the midst of silence. And moments of silence are not awkward pauses but are opportunities to just appreciate the scenery and each other even more.

Thank you for a lovely dinner, an even lovelier time at Marina South and for the loveliest company I could wish for.

No comments: