Customed Orders

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

In Christ Alone..

I received a miss call this afternoon while I was away from my desk, together with an sms that did not bring very good news. Beeks contacted me to say that our JC classmate, Su, had passed away last night in a car accident. I was momentarily struck for a moment to let it all sink in before I asked the typical questions of what happened. It seems the accident was reported on the ST website but asiaone.com didn't appear to have any news.

On the bus ride home, I thought about my JC days, all the fun times we had together as a class, the stress and painful times we spent together that only sought to bring our class closer...and I am once again reminded about the brevity of life on this planet. The last wake I attended was in Dec and it was one of the most very heart wrenching wake I've ever been to and I told myself there and then that I'm going to live this life in a much better fashion. However, when Jan 2nd came and all the crazy buzz of work dawned upon me, I guess I lost sight of that vision I had for myself at the end of last year.

Maybe Su's passing is a timely reminder once again that my life here is only momentarily and indeed, In Christ Alone, my hope is found, He is my light, my strength, my song.

May God grant me wisdom and strength to continue pressing on..to live my best life here on Earth, to appreciate my family and close friends, to show them how much they mean to me..until He calls me home.

No comments: