Customed Orders

Friday, March 14, 2008

School's Out!

The one week break has flown by so fast I can hardly believe it's almost going to be over. I guess we were robbed of 3 full days by an overseas staff retreat which obviously did not help to make things better. Usually, the one week break is much needed to catch up on work and to squeeze some rest in between but obviously people in the ivory tower usually don't see things this way because the cynical part of me likes to believe that they have forgotten what it's like to be in our shoes. As senior management, they have to go back to school during the break anyway, and carting us off to an offshore location makes no difference to their working day. But for us lowly cattles, this break is precious and is much needed to refresh us to go the distance again. But I digress, I'm supposed to be writing about the break, not about the lack of it.

Spent yesterday doing some work to prepare for the hectic school term and although I did manage to clear some work, there is still quite a fair bit more to go. Went to town to walk around and also to have dinner. I must say that it feels good to be back home, to walk the streets and the familarity of everything is heart warming after being away for 3 days. And not forgetting, a nice hot bowl of dumpling soup for dinner, the great company I had and the warmth in my heart on a cold rainy day made it a very very good day.

No comments: