Customed Orders

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Christmas Tags Tutorial!

I decided to do some tags this week for Christmas for some awesome friends and here's a peek!  I had in mind to use my existing stash of 4 sheets of Christmasy paper accumulated since last year.  Esp the Gingerbread..I love him!

I did a total of 8 of them and decided to get H to take photos so you gals can see how I pieced them all together.

Ok, first you need the following supplies:


From Left to right (clockwise: 2 inch scallop punch used on Echo Park Music Notes paper. Little hats for our Gingerbread Man from Imaginse Paper, Chipboard hearts from Maya Road, Baker's Twine, Gingerbread Man from October Afternoon Merry Mint collection.  Last, 2 1/4 inch circle from Imaginse paper)

Next up:  Start piecing them together!
Start by putting the 2 inch scallop on top of the 2 1/4 inch paper.  Use more foam dots please!   You should get this:


Next up..add your border strip, tie baker's twine and top it up with a Cutie Gingerbread man, 

Now, our Gingerbread man deserves an equally cute hat so bring it on!  And put the heart next to him! And you're done!!

So here we are, all 8 tags I made..for a finishing touch, I put a mini clothespin (easily available at Daiso), stuck a ribbon on top and a Manila Tag behind.  As they say in the Teenage Textbook, QED!


Here's another way you can use the tags: Make a nice envelope, dress it up with a paper doily and ta da!

I hope this inspires you to get started on your pressies!  Stay tuned for how I use my tags on my gift soon..I do have an idea on how I'm going to use it with the pressies I'm going to give out..but I can only grab the pressie next week!

Have a blessed week ahead!
Joanna

Me and Kate with THAT smile again... hehee..when will this little girl learn how to smile properly??? 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those tags are so AWESOME Jo I could cry! so sweet and lovely! Thank you for sharing!:)

hugs,
Viola

Sandy Ang said...

Thanks for the maya rd birdies. Already using them on my cards.
Love to see you at my challenge - http://angsandy.blogspot.com/2010/11/sandys-challenge-1.html