Customed Orders

Saturday, January 8, 2011

I can't believe

it's take me this long to write this post!

This morning, after I woke up, I started having this whole bout of nostalgia and epiphany of how much there is to be grateful for in this life. I know it sucks at times when work piles up (I'm starting to realise that work is about the only thing that gets to me. Everything else, I can handle!) but there is so much more to life than work.

I'm grateful for:
  • My dearest H who makes coming home everyday after work WORTH IT.  It is a nice feeling coming home to someone you love.  Better still if it's Thurs and the single one household chore you loath the most is done BY THE TIME YOU GET HOME.  Double Love!! You know how much I hate hand washing our clothes but today I'm reminded that having clothes to wash is a good thing, cos it means the people you love are near you.  That in itself makes laundry worth it.

  • My family - Dad, Mum, J, J, L and MISS K!  I had so much fun growing up with big J when we were kids, all that fighting, the hair pulling, the comb throwing, the stuff- the- bolster- down- the -toilet bowl stories...And small J is now whom I'm closer to...who single handedly DRAGGED Me down to the abyss of throwing money on PAPER and who loves bubble tea as much as me!  We're 2 crazy girls who used to drive to heartland mall to buy Happy Cup bubble tea but now that that defunct store has closed down, we relived our yesteryear crazy days by driving to bishan to buy Koi last week!  $5 for a large cup of UBER AWESOME Honey Green Tea with Chin Chow!
 
  • Great supportive friends like Jus, Fern, Lois,Sally, Pris, Becky,  who are just dears to me! So super supportive and will always be there for me!
 
  • Fantastic work colleagues - Z, R, A (Trackers!!), SY, Ter, E, E, Dav, JS, Chris, T, JW, HY, Christine who really are more than colleagues but dear friends. And I know they watch my back ALL THE TIME. They are understanding and very flexible. No imposing of their opinions on me.  We negotiate, We compromise by giving in. We don't try to kill each other with excess work. They make working life so much better!

  • My dearest Saviour who never lets me go. Sometimes, I slip away, I try to run. But He pulls me back all the time and reminds me that His Grace is enough for me, for his power is made perfect in my weakness. 
So really, these 5 things are the most important to me right now. The only thing weighing on my mind that I cannot really say I'm thankful for at this moment is what pays the bills. I'm getting tired. Really am.

What are you thankful for today? Share your thoughts! Leave me a comment!

3 comments:

Mum in the Making said...

Hey babe! I'm thankful for:
1. God's love for me and my family...
2. My family, especially Papa J and my sticky little monkey
3. Finishing up that write-up that's been giving me nightmares for the past year!
4. Friends like you!!!

Take care and hang in there for the school year! We will pray continually for strength to keep going...

lynklee said...

Thankful for a relatively easy pregnancies, loving community of christian friends, new friends who provide a lot of support, and family like you who love Kate so much!

Sandy Ang said...

You know what they say about things that makes us stronger. It too shall pass and may the year ahead be filled with good things for you.