Customed Orders

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Ha...yes..I'm finally back!

2 weeks.
That's about how I long I've disappeared off the face of blogging.
And in these 2 weeks I was busy with:
  • Marking heaps of common test papers
  • Preparing work for next term (still not finished! argh!)
  • and scrapping, of course.

D, a colleague of mine, asked if I would help him make 16 mini albums, yes, 16!! for his upcoming wedding.  He wanted to put photos of him and his wife in each album for the guests to look at during the dinner. And best part is he wanted each table to have one album so that accounts for the 16 books. Ok, thank God it's only 16 tables. Can u imagine if he had 50 tables???? :)  I suggested to him to leave pages for guests to put their own photos and write stuff in the pages and he's so keen on the idea he's going to get 2 other colleagues to go around with polaroid cameras on the day itself so everyone can snap their own pics!  Awesome!


He's giving me a lot of free play with this one to do whatever style I'd like..Scary feeling cos I'm not sure what his style is. But I figured he also doesn't know what his style is..I mean..can u imagine a guy telling you he wants 'Vintage Sweet' for his wedding?  hahah..so yeah..I am left to my creative devises.


And yes, these albums are going to be a surprise for his wife...and I'm sure she'll love the idea of it! :)


And here's what I came up with these holidays:

Book 1: Combination of Basic Grey's Capella tags, with Botanical Papers & Prima Swirls I snapped up from thescrapbookcarton.  I still love carton heaps after all these years. Their prices are the best here in Singapore!


Book 2: Capella Tags, Capella Cardstock Stickers and Capella Wedding Stickers & latest prima swirls!


Book 3: Capella Papers, Capella Tags and nice flowers from Bangkok!  This is the very first book I made! And I'm grateful I've hoarded Capella stuff since they came out..cos this is the perfect chance to use them all!
Book 4: Prima Medaline Papers & Cardstock Stickers, with awesome frame from Annie42's etsy shop.  Thanks to Viola for the link!

Book 5:  Pink Paislee Parisan Anthology Papers, Making Memories Wedding Tags, coupled with uber blue handmade pearls by me and some charms at the top.  So far, this piece has been a favourite among many of my friends who've taken a peek at the books I've done so far!

Until....
Book 6: I think this is an improved version inspired by Book 5- MM transparent & opaque tags from their wedding collection, Prima Retrospection Tags and heaps of Prima swirls again from carton.


And yes, Meivid is a combination of both their names..which explains why it's the title of every book!

Thanks for sticking with me so far. It's been a long post and I will be back soon with more pictures of my Meivid Adventures. I've enjoyed the crafting process so far as it's very different from what I usually do and it's fun to see what other styles I can come up with besides my usual bright, happy hues.

Stay tuned..during the week I will post more photos of books...and after I've revealed all the books, I'll have a little contest and a giveaway....I think you awesome bloggers deserve some goodies for sticking with me so far.

Have a great week ahead!

4 comments:

[J]uLi[A] said...

i love book 5 & 6!! blue is my fav!!! but all are so very pretty!

Mum in the Making said...

Oh gosh, you've been really hard at work! The books are really pretty, great job!

jessiestars said...

Awww~ that is so sweet of your colleague to do that for the wifey!!

The books are really gorgeous, esp Book 5!

Babelicious said...

Hi...Lovely books...Just chanced upon this site and would love to make my own scape bk for my wedding too. Could u kindly tell me where to purchase the stuff and the craft to make such book? Thanks