Customed Orders

Friday, April 6, 2012

What makes me happy...

Couple of updates for this week...

1.  I bought a typewriter!!  Yeah!  Really very happy that I finally got my hands on a good piece and I hope it will be with me for a long time to come :)

Introducing Mr Quirky: Made in the 1950s or 60s in Japan.  Still in case and I have the manual :)



2.  Had an idea of using this typewriter to type on washi tape...and then to cut them to fit my little pegs.  Love the end result:


3.  Loving my ever growing washi tape collection.  I can simply say this: I love every single one of them heaps.  I've kicked out the not so nice ones in my collection and these are my precious babies.  Just looking at them makes me happy. And i think that's what matters most.

P.S: Don't ask me why I have 2 air mail washi tapes.  But i am more than happy to have 2 in my posession.

On another note, I had a really bad Thursday, quite possibly triggered by a draining Wed and poor sleep which left me totally in the shambles on Thursday.  Somehow, i really wished i never lived to see that Thursday cos it was one of my worse days ever.  Was so tired throughout the whole day, i literally felt I was on drugs and just floating my way through the day without actually KNOWING what I was doing.  Went for 3 lessons in a daze and slightly high on adrenaline and gasoline in my system.  I have no idea how i survived that day but I do know I came home, plonked myself in the shower and had a big cry.  The big ugly cry.  And then I just sat there for half an hour trying to compose myself and garner back some of my lost energy.  Thank God it's over and that today is a better day.

I really feel very drained these few weeks. Actually, should rephrase this. I've been feeling drained for the past 7 years.  My first 2 years were good years..then everything went downhill.  Work started piling up and reached the point of no return.  How do you compensate yourself for 7 years of sleep deprivation? 

Pray with me if you've read this far ok? I need God's strength to carry me though..

Joanna

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You survived these 9 years and you will continue to do so. Endure Endure Endure! There will always be better days..

Dana said...

Been so long since I popped by and I'm so sorry to read about your difficult time. Try to find the little bits of what you enjoy to tide through the days. On another note, I didn't know these tapes are called washi tapes. I found a few nice ones at the Taiwan bookstore, brought them home and found them very versatile and useful! Wished I bought more :( Hang in there and meditate on God's word when it gets too tough. He might just have a message for you!

danni reid. said...

love your typewriter, that is so cool and that washi tape? swoooon! makes me happy too. hugs♥

lynklee said...

hang in there! prayed for you.

though i have to say you will experience another totally new 境界 of sleep deprivation when u have kids.