Customed Orders

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Time for Plan E?

I'm really glad to be able to get the opportunity to pen this post in the comfort of my bedroom on a Saturday night before a really short week that lies ahead. I mean, I've waited for this weekend for the longest while since the start of the year; and I'm finally here tonight doing this.

It's been five weeks into the year and although each week passes so fast, it really doesn't feel like only 5 weeks; it feels like 5 months already as I'm so tired each day and sometimes I wonder where I'm going to get the energy to continue running this race. I term my job as a race because I've noticed that each day as I get to the office, within 5 minutes I'm running around just to settle things, look for people, photocopy stuff, etc. And the best part is that the craze just doesn't seem to end.

I spoke to BH today about seriously thinking about Plan B and he suggested Plan E - escape. I think it pretty sums up very much how I really feel deep down inside me as 2008 is just becoming more and more unbearable. 5 years ago I was happy with the job, then it shifted to being contented, to cruising through and now it's just escapism. Maybe it's really time to go?

On a lighter note, I look forward to waking up late tomorrow (FINALLY!!) and sip my cool drink while reading the Sunday Times. I think it's a real luxury to just read the papers, feel the fresh crisp wafer thin papers with each page you flip; and I'm counting down to then...

2 day week looms. Will start painting the town red on tuesday afternoon in the spirit of all the festivity while awaiting the pomp to usher the year of the mickey.

No comments: