Customed Orders

Monday, May 19, 2008

Updates

In the spirit of updating my blog, I shall post another entry tonight. Spent a very lazy Sunday yesterday at home and was planning to do the same thing today until Mum suggested going to Plaza Sing to shop. I accompanied her down town to lavish on all the good discounts the shops were offering and managed to get some stuff too. It's always good to get great discounts on the stuff you buy-somehow it makes the item a bit more 'valued' as you know you got it at a good deal.

Went to PS with a heavy heart the whole time as I was thinking how best to break the news to mum - an half the time anticipating how she would react to it. I didn't think she would actually take it too hard but I was just preparing myself for the worse - afterall, she did give me a hard time 6 years ago when she heard something similar. I didn't say anything in the end as I guess I couldn't muster the courage to do so. Another chance came today when the whole family was going for dinner. Mum wanted to walk so I took the chance to accompany her and somewhere along the walk, the words just came out. She took it rather well in fact and was more than supportive. I guess her approval for the choices I make in this life are important to me and I really value her opinion; which explains why all this time I was finding a chance to spill the beans. I'm glad I finally did it and that's one more load off my back.

Spent some time after dinner doing my Quiet Time and I'm reminded once again how much I value the presence of God in my life; just that 10-15 minutes of bible reading, prayer really keeps me in tune and in touch with God. Prayed for Fern and Sally for breakthroughs and that God will work in their lives; and prayed for the victims of China and Myammar for God to intervene.

The phone's ringing now, got to go...will update again.

No comments: