Customed Orders

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Rock Bottom...

Feeling very very down this past week. It's probably been the worse week in the whole year.  Monday and tuesdays were totally crazy and mind boggling. I literally had 20+ items on my 'to do' list each day and was just going mad trying to juggle everything on my plate.  I like to attribute it to the fact that 2 subjects had tests this week (please remind me never ever to do this again!) plus exams are looming so extra lessons / consultations are a must. 

I finish one remedial on tues, bring the worksheets back to my desk, take a 5 min break..rush off for remedial #2 with my stack of stuff and the worksheets go a sunder.  Great. 7 min walk back to find them.  At 4pm. They disappear. I JUST HAD THEM 10 MINS AGO! WHERE ARE THEY???  Check email, hoping to find a softcopy in my inbox. DON"T HAVE!  I am going bonkers.  Students are waiting for me, I am late. And there are no worksheets.  Great.  And the next day they show up in my box for students' projects.  FANTASTIC! WHERE WERE THEY WHEN I NEEDED THEM???

By Friday, I'd hit rock bottom.  My whole friday was jam packed and ironically, I only had 1 teaching period that day but all the other periods went to meetings and discussions. And remedials. And preparing worksheets.  At 5pm I decided I'd had enough and H got off earlier than expected and was on his way to get me.  And so I decided to leave. Barang in my hand, all packed to go.  Pleased that I'd helped Bro and Dad buy 2 story books at a cheap price and tucked them in a grummy orange plastic bag and clutched it in my hand as I walked away from my desk.  2 mins walk to the car park. Stopped by the washroom.  Got into the car and went for dinner. 

And then...I realised...the books were missing.  Not in the car.  H suggested we go back to look for them and I agreed.  Scoured my whole desk at 7pm on Friday, checked the washrooms. Nowhere to be found.  I wish I could start swearing. I really do.

This is what happens when you are too stressed out.  Temporary amnesia sets in.  I absolutely do not remember where I placed them so I like to think they grew wings and literally flew out of my hands.  Since I had amnesia, I obviously cannot recall them taking flight. I am really getting frustrated at my lack of ability to remember and recall things.  It's upsetting and threating to bring chaos in my life.

I was so down yesterday I didn't even want to read the papers or surf blogs cos I figured if I read more stuff, it'll take up space in my brain and that means I will forget stuff that previously happened.  I can't believe I've reached this stage.

Pray along with me if you can. I really need a lot of prayer. And God's help.  I am totally burnt out. Very tired. Very listless.  Struggling to survive.

Today I worked on this notebook to give myself a break. I think I need it to stay sane.  Thank God for inspiration even though I have 100001 things on my mind for the upcoming week.



Thanks for dropping by..hope next week will be a good one for  you and me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

~hugs~ Jo... keep going, you'll get over it soon. Hang in there.....

I hope your week will be a wonderful one this round. Your notebook is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Jiayou! You can do it! Monday is over already! That leaves us with 3 more days!