Customed Orders

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Hong Kong

Went to HK last weekend and just got back a few days ago. Was a very good trip in terms of shopping and walking around..having a good time buying stuff and trying new food. Of special mention is the durian pastry I had one afternoon that was both baked and fried (that's what it said on the menu) and while I was half wondering why there was a need to both bake and fry it, thoughts of that soon disappeared when I sank my teeth into the soft, creamy and delectable dessert. The richness of the durian flavour coupled with a paper-like cripsy pastry was an instant hit. I was sold immediately. Yumz..wish I could have some of it now.

Most days were spent walking around the usual popular hunts and shopping districts and the nights were at the markets or the streets. I miss HK already. The vibrancy is amazing and while my only grouse is that the streets are pepetually filled with people, I guess it's something I could really live with if I decide to reside in HK for a while.

For now, it's back to life her in the Lion City and back to more work as the hols are ending in a week's time. Will be going back tomorrow to clear some work in hope that it will mitigate the usual first day of school flurry and frenzy.

No comments: