Customed Orders

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Oh, what a saturday!

You know you're in trouble when:

The heavens open at 4am and awake u at 5am and by 7am when u finally drag yourself out of bed, IT is still raining.

Then you get your hubby to drive you to work for the BIG day and when he's about to turn into Crescent Road and all u see is this:

Quah quah quah...

So, being a typical Singapore, you quickly divert and go straight (although the silly car behind you went ahead into the Lion's Den. Not very smart, I say), thinking that you can do a right turn to avoid Crescent Road and get to Tg. Katong Road. And Tg. Katong Road looked like this:



My Gosh. The police were there and so were the ambulance, together with tons of rubbish strewn over the road. Thankfully, I had enough common sense to know that I should brave the flood on foot rather than put H and the car through this so at the traffic light, I booted out and decided to travel on foot to school.

Along the way, I saw:



Poor Family. My heart goes out to them. No one should wake up to this sight, much less on a Saturday morning.

And along Swanage Road:


Ouch.

Another poor house in the water but it didn't look occupied at all so maybe the inhabitants didn't have to go through hell clearing up the mess:


And this is me walking through the water, umbrella in one hand, camera in another to bring these pictures to you.


And, finally, the sight when I reached school:


What a way to start the bazaar!!


Side note:
Photos I didn't manage to capture:

  • The lake that overflowed although I did get to see it with my own eyes. Yes, the CCHMS lake can actually overflow.

  • 2 fallen trees in school ( I thought these only happened along the PIE & CTE & never in CCHMS!)

  • The flooded Grand Audi. (It has parquet flooring! :)

And so, instead of Bazaar by the Lake, we got a taste of Bazaar IN the Lake. :)

Sorry, was very busy the whole day and had no chance to snap any pics!

Hope u had a better Saturday than i did!

Joanna

1 comment:

Mum in the Making said...

WHOA! Those photos make me thankful that I live in a flat. :p And you poor girl having to wade all the way to school! Hope the bazaar went well, I'm sure your notebooks sold like hotcakes! :)