Customed Orders

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

It's only Tuesday

Got off to a pretty rough start this week when I got a little upset with my boss over some work matters. It didn't help that it was Monday (yes, that's a very common excuse I know but it's true!) and I was feeling very overwhelmed with many tons of bricks falling on me. Got a file on my table after I came back from class to find that the boss had allocated me an extra class of remedial when I thought we had an understanding that she was only going to give me 2 class and at point blank I said to her 'I think this is too heavy for me'. Opps. As soon as the words came out, I kind of regretted it as I feel it didn't make a difference whether I voiced out my opinion about my load as I'll still have to take the class anyway (don't think she's ever going to take the load off me)so I might as well have not said anything and just do the extra class. Damn.

No point regretting now, can only say I'll just have to hang on. Sometimes I wonder just how long I can continue at this crazy pace and there are times when I want to throw in the towel but there are other moments when I just want to hang on to see what my threshold is (ya, sounds silly I know).

Truth really is that the only thing that sees me through each day is the strength that God gives and one thing I've learnt is to pray every morning before I get to work..and that prayer ALWAYS works because somehow the day always seems slightly better (now you'd know I forgot to pray yesterday morning).

It's already mid-week tomorrow and I know there's still a lot to clear..2 set of test papers sitting on my table and by the end of the week it'll be 6 more stacks. But I've already figured how to get through it..because there's something that always works..

No comments: